Into the Night (2020) is a Belgian apocalyptic science fiction thriller film. Movie Into the Night created by Jason George, inspired by Jacek Dukaj’s Polish science fiction novel The Old Axolotl. On first May 2020, The series premiered on Netflix. It is the first Belgian original series on Netflix.
Who is in the cast of Into the Night?
There are no big names signed in this series – the high-concept plot is really the star of the show. Netflix simply promises an “international cast” of Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia, and Turkey. The production is directed by showrunner Jason George, who previously produced Netflix hit Narcos.
Cast Into the Night
- Jan Bijvoet as Richard “Rick” Mertens, a security guard who was traveling to Moscow to see his girlfriend.
- Nabil Mallat as Osman Azizi, an airport cleaner
- Pauline Etienne as Sylvie Bridgette Dubois, former military helicopter pilot
- Laurent Capelluto as Mathieu Daniel Douek, a co-pilot
- Stéfano Cassetti as Terenzio Matteo Gallo, a NATO officer
- Astrid Whettnall as Gabrielle Renoir, a flight attendant
- Vincent Londez as Horst Baudin, a climate scientist
- Regina Bikkinina as Zara Oblonskaya, a Russian mother who has a sick child, Dominik
On September 3, 2019, it was announced that Netflix had given the production a serial order for a 6-episode first season. The series is created by Jason George, who is also credited as executive producer on the series alongside Tomek Baginski and Jacek Dukaj. The production companies involved with the series were slated to consist of Entre Chien et Loup.
What is Into the Night about?
Where to start First, accept that the sun is bad. The series is based on Jacek Dukaj’s best-selling novel, The Old Axolotl, and sees humanity mired in ruin after a “sudden solar event” turns the sun into a lethal orb, killing everyone in its path.
The only way to escape seems to be to board a plane and try to escape from it. A short-term strategy you might think about: how long before you need to refuel? Are there really enough microwaved portions of chicken pasta on board to keep everyone active? We are rambling.
Executive producer Tomek Bagiński says this is truly a human story: “What I liked the most was the inevitability of the apocalypse and the idea that you can run away from it on a plane with a group of strangers who don’t even speak the same language. We never really know the people we travel with, to realize that maybe those people are now your tribe, people your survival depends on, this is a basis for great drama and a great thriller. ”